Misty is inspired by my daughter who is a university student. I wanted to design a crossbody bag big enough for a student without being too large and cumbersome, but I also wanted it to be stylish. That is where the exterior slip pockets take Misty into the heart of the fashion world. The clean lines of the connector pocket and the curve of the back slip pocket reminded me of the summery tops that young women wear. Misty truly is a fashion statement and a must have for any season. You can grab your copy here.
The pattern includes instructions and pattern pieces for the two exterior slip pockets, one interior zipped pocket and a recessed zipper closure. There are step by step instructions written in large spacing to make it easier to follow, along with detailed diagrams to help you make the pattern with relative ease. There are no difficult procedures in the pattern and a domestic machine would have no trouble with any part of the construction. T
he pattern is written for quilting weight fabrics with tips for using vinyl. I am also available in my facebook group to help you with any issues you may have and where you can post photos of your new Misty bag!
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY You must be able to read a sewing pattern and have already made bags before.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Finished size of bag is: Height 12 inch, Width 11 inch and Depth 4 inch
- 1 x 11/2? strap slide
- Exterior fabric – approx. 1 yard dcor or 100% cotton
- Lining fabric – approx. 11/2 yard 100% cotton
- Light to medium weight woven fusible interfacing – approx. 2.5 yards e.g. Pellon sf101 (amount depends on interfacing and fabric being used)
- Fusible fleece – approx. 1/2 – 1 yard e.g. Vilene 630 or 640, Pellon 987f
- 10? zipper (1 inch wide)
- 14? zipper handbag zipper
- 2 x 11/2? D rings or O rings
- Contrast fabric – approx. 1/2 yard dcor, 100% cotton, vinyl
- 2 x 11/2 ? swivel snap hooks
- rotary cutter and mat
- if using vinyl – teflon foot, walking foot or rolling foot
- sewing machine